every 1st september we joke about getting ready for hogwarts to cover up the very real and very very deep scars of never getting our letters
my favorite part of hamlet is at the beginning when they see the ghost of hamlet sr for the first time
and the guards are like “Horatio, you go talk to it! You went to college!”
and Horatio is like “Yeah! I did go to college! I will go talk to the ghost!”
like. where did horatio go to college. did he go to ghost college
howl & sophie
David Bowie (via un-exotic)
Neil Gaiman, Coraline (via 5000letters)
Bats are really cool and I love them.
things to remember about animorphs:
- two of the main cast are poc. the alien in his human form is a poc as well.
- the traditionally feminine, concerned-with-looks character, who spends her free time shopping and who has perfect blonde hair and who follows fashion trends, is also the team’s main combat powerhouse and is generally ferocious and terrifying in combat and a Soldier more than anyone else in the team. these things do not negate each other
- the other female character is the kind and gentle one but also strong as fuck and the most talented at the animorph’s Main Skill
- there are love plots, but they are understated and affect the characters without defining them. they are also, in one case, fucking tragic
- realistic portrayals of ptsd and general trauma
- varied family compositions and firm calling out of families that emotionally abuse children
- characters are not portrayed as single handedly able to save mankind, they are just trying to hold out so that the cavalry can arrive
- it is all available free, online, right fucking now
People are boycotting Kraft just because of this one ad
Wow, when you put it that way it almost seems like we live in a rampantly sexist, misogynistic, and hypocritical society.
Yes we do my friend. Yes we do.